Team Fortress 2

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Team Fortress 2

Post by Kong Wen »

I know we have some die-hard TF2 champions here, so I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to the game. We can use this thread to discuss and organize games, post screenshots, and talk about any other aspect of the game that might be relevant (absurd play-time stats, preferred builds/load-outs, hat collections, etc.).

Do you pros have any advice for a complete newbie to the game? I've played a couple matches but it was a long time ago, and I'm looking to get back into it. The most experience I have with a team-based FPS (deathmatch & capture the flag) is about 100 hours in Gotham City Impostors.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Claytone »

TF2's a delight! I've logged about 1.1k hours in it, so I'd be happy to offer advice and play some games. I'm occupied at the moment, but later, I'll see if I can write up some basic tips on things everyone should know/do.
You got BOOST power!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

its okay
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

I used to play it quite a bit and I got 354 hours clocked on it..yet I still suck at it. :D

Haven't really played for months tough, part because my internet been whacky lately and part because there's no game in this world that makes me rage so hard as TF2... victims so far is 1 mouse, 1 keyboard and 2 headsets.
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately. I love playing as all of the classes except for Demo, Sniper and Spy.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:Haven't really played for months tough, part because my internet been whacky lately and part because there's no game in this world that makes me rage so hard as TF2... victims so far is 1 mouse, 1 keyboard and 2 headsets.
I never really perceived it as a rage-inducing game. This is interesting to learn.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Kong Wen wrote:
Turai wrote:Haven't really played for months tough, part because my internet been whacky lately and part because there's no game in this world that makes me rage so hard as TF2... victims so far is 1 mouse, 1 keyboard and 2 headsets.
I never really perceived it as a rage-inducing game. This is interesting to learn.
It's a competetive online multiplayer games, of course it is rage inducing.

Those games relate to their players like Pazuzu relates to Regan Teresa MacNeil .

Lets see who gets that reference ;)
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The key to beating rage in a multiplayer shooter is to play with a group you know. TF2 is thankfully still based on dedicated servers. Open up the list and find a server with nice people and play on it exclusively. FPS community servers are the gem of online gaming.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised and confused too. TF2 is probably the most chill multiplayer FPS in existence.

Rob
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I fulfilled my vow of booting this up! I tweaked the settings up nice, got my gamepad working, and played a few rounds to get the hang of the controls. I'm terrible, but I can have fun. How do we play together!?