Langrisser M-A Fire Emblem Heroes Killer?

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Jordan

Re: Langrisser M-A Fire Emblem Heroes Killer?

Post by Jordan »

OK, it wasn't letting me hide the banter because I was still in the tutorial.
?

I think I turned it off in the first stage I was in.

I agree it should be off by default though.

Unfortunately I think the free SSR is only for people who pre-registered. I didn't get anything. :(
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote: 25 Jan 2019 17:16
OK, it wasn't letting me hide the banter because I was still in the tutorial.
?

I think I turned it off in the first stage I was in.

I agree it should be off by default though.

Unfortunately I think the free SSR is only for people who pre-registered. I didn't get anything. :(
Not me. I kept clicking the banter toggle but there was no interaction until it freed me up from the guided button presses. At least 3-5 battles in.

They effed-up the pre-registration so as compensation they offered the free SSR to everyone who played the game in the first 3 days (either yesterday or today was the last day). I forget if you needed to get to level 2 or 5 or something for it to count, but he was just in my mail box (in the form of 40 or 60 shards or whatever you use to get a specific character).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I guess we should try to add each other as friends and see what that's all about.

I'm on Rayguard server currently. My name in the game is Kong Wen. I'm not really sure what other info you need to find me.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

In-game name is Sven Akiba. I added you from the friends list.

Strangely enough, I actually got the free SSR today. He wasn't showing up for me before. I actually watched some videos about the game before it came out, and I heard that this free SSR is one of the best SSRs in the game. Supposedly he's an awesome attacking unit.

I haven't gone crazy playing this game so far, but I did progress a little bit a couple of days ago. This game has some neat features that really sets it apart from FE: Heroes and gives it a unique identity. One thing I really like are the main time rift stages that offer bonus conditions and rewards for fulfilling them. That makes it honestly feel more like a Fire Emblem game than FE Heroes does. It's also kind of interesting how these stages relive the sagas of previous Langrisser games...although the writing is kind of slipshod. I can't tell if that's because they streamlined it or if the localization is just not very good, or some kind of combination.

The drop rate is indeed atrocious. I've done 50-60 pulls on the Empire banner and haven't gotten a single SSR. I've only gotten one SR outside of the guaranteed ones. My interest in the game might wane a bit if the bad luck continues, though maybe I'll at least hold out for login bonuses. I doubt I can pick up the path of light event SSR Cherie sadly. The conditions for unlocking her require too much time investment for me, and some of them are just purely bullshit and require spending actual money in real life. I'm more invested in another Gacha game right now rather than Langrisser, so that's a pass for me. If I was only playing Langrisser, though, I'd probably be willing to spend some cash. It's a fun game so far.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah the writing and the drop rates aren't great, which hasn't actually been too bad for me, because it makes it easier to play it casually. It also helps that I don't know anything about any characters other than the ones in Warsong, and they all have different names. :) I like chipping away at all the various different modes and arenas, just to make the progress bars increase in the free Cherie questline, missions, challenges, and feats.

I did the math on the Cherie event, and you're actually able to skip 10 of the quests in the lists and still get her. I'm just going to keep casually advancing the story and playing with the various modes and see how close I get. I won't be spending real money on it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Alright, I managed to get 45 out of the 60 necessary points. Close but no cigar. I would have had to do a LOT more grinding just to get through the story-related stuff, and I simply didn't have that much time to play a mobile gacha when I'm already invested in another one. I am finding the core gameplay is interesting enough to keep me playing for now, and I don't really feel like I'm missing out by not getting around to all of the side-quests and training etc. every day.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I forgot we already had a thread about this game! :D It recently had its 1-year anniversary, just like this thread did. They've done a lot to address some of the concerns I mentioned above in the year since this game has been on the market. Most notably, they significantly reduced the time-consuming grind while still allowing you to clear content by allowing you to "sweep" a certain number of stages per day, provided you have already cleared them. Rather than taking away content by letting a bot do it, this actually adds a small additional layer of strategy/planning, since you can focus on trying to advance the level of a particular training ground while sweeping others just to get the daily rewards.

Having had more time with the game also gives us a better understanding of the summoning rates and currency distribution. And while the rates up front seem pretty bad, the overall systems make it a somewhat more forgiving gacha. There's a hidden pity rate that guarantees you'll get an SSR character in 100 summons (base summon rate is 2%). This pity counter goes across banners, so if you make 9 multipulls on one banner, then summon on a different banner a week later, your first multipull is guaranteed to be an SSR. There are also "destiny" banners where the first SSR character you draw is guaranteed to be a featured unit you don't have yet. These things combine to give free players quite a bit more control over their summons than in other gachas, where you're fully subjected to the whims of RNGesus.

I've been cutting my teeth on "Should You Summon?" videos that give brief overviews of the characters on weekly banners over on YouTube.

Despite not being as high-earning a game as its direct competition (obviously, FEH), I'm pretty impressed that they've kept up a year of steady new content without really rehashing stuff, and it seems like there's a strong core community focused on the PvP aspect as well.