The Music Thread

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: The Music Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:I look forward to hearing how it sounds. I'll let you know!
The sound quality is not fantastic (it was bootlegged by a fan at 5 shows on a one-track reel), but it's been remastered to be about as listenable as possible, which is actually fairly well. It's a bit muffled, but Green's guitar is blistering and beautiful. You can definitely hear that he's already at Fleetwood Mac levels here, maybe even close to Then Play On levels (at least in terms of sound, not yet in aesthetic/philosophy). Unfortunately the quality makes it a bit harder to hear Fleetwood and Mac on more than a couple songs.

Mayall sings on every track, so we don't get to hear Green sing (which is sad, for me, but you know what you're getting with Mayall).

Overall, definitely worth the $15. It's an interesting companion piece to A Hard Road, and it's nice to finally have some more content from the '67 Green Bluesbreakers (who were only together for 3 months) to flesh out the history of the band.

I have to say it again: Peter Green's tone is amazing. Even on a muffled live recording, his sustain is beautiful and true. It's hard enough to get that kind of tone in a studio much less in dingy clubs.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming