Baseball

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Baseball

Post by Claytone »

Wow, two 19 inning games? I wonder if that puts this Saturday/Sunday in the running for the most innings played league-wide in a single day/weekend? Would be an interesting stat to know.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:Blue Jays have to keep winning though for their playoff hopes.
Yeah, that's not really looking good now, after getting trounced in their last three series. It's good to see Encarnacion get his first home-run since coming back from injury, but if we're going to start winning again, we're going to need way better pitching.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

In typical Braves fashion, they swept the A's after losing against inferior teams. Hooray.
You got BOOST power!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:
kitroplious wrote:Blue Jays have to keep winning though for their playoff hopes.
Yeah, that's not really looking good now, after getting trounced in their last three series. It's good to see Encarnacion get his first home-run since coming back from injury, but if we're going to start winning again, we're going to need way better pitching.
Yeah... they've continued to do poorly; I'm not even sure if they're going to even have a winning season [record]. They're 64-62 going into today's game. If only that magic from the early 90's was back. Maybe next year...

How about those Mariners though. they've been playing some great baseball lately since the loss to the AL East leader. Should be a playoff contenter for sure, even though
if it's a wild card playoff.

Hopefully the Tigers don't get in the way, since it's a tie for the second wild card spot right now. Yankees are 4 games back of the M's/Tigers.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I love the Twins. Sadly, they are quite awful. Have to go for the hometown teams!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote:I love the Twins. Sadly, they are quite awful. Have to go for the hometown teams!
Well Seattle is closer to home than Toronto is for me (and team is still owned by Nintendo of America, I think). ;)
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

kitroplious wrote:
Kreegs wrote:I love the Twins. Sadly, they are quite awful. Have to go for the hometown teams!
Well Seattle is closer to home than Toronto is for me (and team is still owned by Nintendo of America, I think). ;)
No kidding. I live way closer to Toronto than you, and I even live a few miles closer than KW! I guess the Blue Jays have cornered all of the Canadian market. And people say Americans are too nationalistic. :roll:

At least in Kong Wen's case, it's better than having another Red Sox or Yankees fan.
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Jays landed a "much needed" win last night (debatable whether they're even trying for a wildcard), with a notable performance from our rookie starter Stroman, who got the win. The crowd gave the kid a proper standing-O, which I thought was a nice show of support for a promising young pitcher that suffered a very ugly meltdown earlier. He made it deep into the 7th, and Cecil took the save with a positively delicious three-pitch strikeout on Ortiz to end the game (netted Cecil a standing-O of his own).
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Unless they don't lose (or hardly lose) in September, they're done.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:And people say Americans are too nationalistic. :roll:
My uncle has lived in Toronto all my life, and I saw my first ball game up there when I was a kid. I used to be a Milwaukee Brewers fan before I attended that live game! Haha! The Blue Jays beat the Tigers something like 11-1. It was fun! I've never been to a Yankees or Red Sox game, so I really had no reason or occasion to grow to like them.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming