Baseball

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Baseball

Post by Kong Wen »

Are there any fans of Japan's national pastime on this forum? MLB's getting into the home stretch now, so I thought I'd open a thread for us to discuss baseball: teams, games, and activity.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a fairweather fan. I like the Blue Jays, but I don't pay much attention during the season unless they're doing OK... which they are right now. :)

What teams do you follow? How are they doing? Have you been to see a live game recently?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Baseball

Post by SkyPikachu »

I support whoever plays the Yankees :)
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I own an awful lot of baseball games and have never been able to win a single game in any of them because I have no understanding of the rules.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:I'll be the first to admit I'm a fairweather fan. I like the Blue Jays, but I don't pay much attention during the season unless they're doing OK... which they are right now. :)
Sadly, they blew the last three games against a bad team -- the Astros. I hope the Jays sweep Baltimore (or win two of three at the very least). I'm nervous when they are only in the wildcard spot.

As for my favorite baseball moment, it came in 2006: The epic battle of South Korea and Japan in the World Baseball Classic! It was unbelievable how Japan won the championship that year, despite losing [first] two of three games against Korea. :)
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm a Jays fan for life. This season has been a ton of fun, but the team has been very streaky in both directions. When you've been a Blue Jays fan for this long, you learn not to get TOO excited about a hot start, but I have to admit, I'm putting some hopes on them this year. They're a talented team with a ton of chemistry and, if nothing else, have been a source of some great games as a spectator.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

Slurmee wrote:I support whoever plays the Yankees :)
MAH MAN

It'd be nice if the hometown Braves could scramble back after their recent slippage, but they can't seem to keep momentum this season.

I'm also a Cleveland fan (not as much as my dad, the native Clevelander), but they're kind of sitting in the middle of their division, right around .500. Still hopin'!

But the NL Central is ever exciting.
lol hello
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:This season has been a ton of fun, but the team has been very streaky in both directions.
One direction right now... it would have been nice to see them steal some important points from Baltimore, alas. And Lawrie and Cabrera are both out now.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I like the Braves, and lately, the Braves don't like winning. Still, they're over .500, so they're still in the running for the division if they get it together.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:Yesterday, the Blue Jays won the longest game in team history—19 innings!
Shortly after the Angels beat the Red Sox (5-4; 19 innings), in the longest game at Angel Stadium!

Blue Jays have to keep winning though for their playoff hopes.