Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Post by Kong Wen »

According to the first TONe Gaming Club poll, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is our first pick for a community play-through!

Chronicles of Mystara is an enhanced/HD compilation of two Capcom arcade games from the mid-'90s. It's an online-capable side-scrolling beat'em-up with mild RPG elements. It's available on PS3, X360, PC via Steam, and Wii U, so it should be readily accessible to pretty much everyone here.

If you'd like to get in on a group session, post in this thread and mention which system you'll be playing on, your ID, and what times might work well for you! We'll get some games on the go! It's also a perfectly viable single-player game, so if you prefer not playing with other people or if you can't get into a game one evening, you can feel free to make some solo progress.

Feel free to discuss any aspect of the game here. Ask for hints/tips, post a story about a session you were involved in, and let us know what kind of progress you're making!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Post by VictorViper »

I'm ready to go from now until dawn tomorrow!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I'm ready to go from now until dawn tomorrow!
Ask, I'm having a BBQ and then some people over in the evening. I might be able to play late my time (maybe starting around 7 p.m. your time)?

I'll be playing on PSN. I think everyone here already has me as a friend there.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I'll get it for Steam...unfortunately I left my PC Gamepad in China....bah. How is it with keyboard controls?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:I'll get it for Steam...unfortunately I left my PC Gamepad in China....bah. How is it with keyboard controls?
I haven't tried it with a keyboard. I can't really comment either way, since I'm terrible at controlling anything with a keyboard. :( If you're at all accustomed to it, it might not be too bad. It does have some Capcom-style button combos for some moves, IIRC.

Attention! There's a Capcom sale on XBLA for X360 right now, and this game is one of the games available for 66% (only $5.09)! The sale is effective until 11 August.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I would love to play this on PS3. I will try to listen to the objectives this time.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

The Saturn version looks appealing too. If it wasn't such a pain to hook it all up then I'd like to play that version.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I was excited to give Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara a more detailed run, but I'm away from the house until close to the end of the month. :(
link64
Beginner

Post by link64 »

FYI the PC version only works with the 360 controller.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

link64 wrote:FYI the PC version only works with the 360 controller.
Well that sucks. There's really no keyboard support or the possibility of joy2key?

I do have a 360 controller knocking around here somewhere if I can find it but I don't have the receiver for my laptop.
kitroplious wrote:I was excited to give Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara a more detailed run, but I'm away from the house until close to the end of the month. :(
The old club was run on a monthly basis but there is no official timescale on this one. I suggest the game is rotated once everyone feels they are "done" with it rather than it being a rigid monthly thing.