Dargon Quest IV on iOS

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Dargon Quest IV on iOS

Post by Kong Wen »

Some of you may have caught it in the chat, but I thought it was worth a post here. Square Enix released Dargon Quest IV (a port of the DS version) on iOS yesterday.

Square Enix's portophilia continues apace...
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: Dargon Quest IV on iOS

Post by pdSlooper »

I'm more interested in the Dragon Quest 8 port, though I hear it's laggy even on the very most recent devices. Guess I'll stick to my DQ8 on PS2...

I hear they've plans to port the entire series. I might consider picking up DQ1. It seems iOS friendly enough.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

pdSlooper wrote:I hear they've plans to port the entire series. I might consider picking up DQ1. It seems iOS friendly enough.
It sounds like we'll be getting a version of Dragon Quest based on a 2000s mobile port within the next few weeks, followed by DQ2 and DQ3. DQ5 and DQ6 are obvious candidates as well, with the DS versions. I'm not sure if DQ9 will get a mobile port or whether they'll just catch up to DQ8.

Unfortunately, it looks like Square Enix has changed the name of the mobile series to Dragon Quest. I thought Dargon Quest was catchier.

The DQ mobile producer has said DQ7 won't be ported because it's too big.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I want to say Dragon Warrior 2 (and maybe 1) are the only ones I would consider getting for iOS if only for giggles. I really don't game on my phone at all but it'd be nice to have for those just-in-case moments where I am isolated, bored, and Vita-less. But, even then, I'm more likely to take a spin through a Fighting Fantasy entry than one of these even if I did have it.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:I want to say Dragon Warrior 2 (and maybe 1) are the only ones I would consider getting for iOS if only for giggles. I really don't game on my phone at all but it'd be nice to have for those just-in-case moments where I am isolated, bored, and Vita-less. But, even then, I'm more likely to take a spin through a Fighting Fantasy entry than one of these even if I did have it.
Yeah, personally, I wouldn't play any of these on my phone.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

It's just so hard to play a good Squeenix jRPG without buttons. I'm trying with FF Dimensions, and for the most part it's okay, but the battles kill me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

pdSlooper wrote:It's just so hard to play a good Squeenix jRPG without buttons. I'm trying with FF Dimensions, and for the most part it's okay, but the battles kill me.
I'm really hoping for a Vita version of that, kind of like how we eventually got a PSP version of The After Years.