Main Event - Top 16 (Two Corrected Brackets)

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2019 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.
This Old Neon
Administrator

Main Event - Top 16 (Two Corrected Brackets)

Post by This Old Neon »

The One-on-One Round of 16 features eight single-elimination brackets. Pick the best of each match-up and cross your fingers.
  • You can only vote for ONE (1) game.
  • The game with the most votes in each bracket will advance to the Project Quarterfinals.
  • You can’t change your votes once they’ve been submitted, so click carefully. Voting closes on Saturday at 11:59 P.M. ADT.
VOTE HERE

Bracket 1: Metrovania

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997, PS1)
Metroid Prime (2002, GCN)

Bracket 2: Team Trigger Two

Chrono Trigger (1995, SNES)
Team Fortress 2 (2007, PC)
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Main Event - Top 16 (Two Corrected Brackets)

Post by Sharecrow »

I voted for Castlevania: SotN (with a heavy heart) and abstained from the second poll. I like Chrono Trigger but haven’t played Team Fortress 2. Indeed I don’t even know anything about it.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Bracket 1: Metroid Prime
Bracket 2: TF2
Grt. Merlin

This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

Bracket 2 resulted in a tie last week. Rather than make everyone vote again, we're simply leaving the poll open to new voters. If you want one of these games to win, tell your friends! (New votes in the first bracket won't affect the results.)

If the tie has been broken by the end of the day Monday, we'll run the Top 8 from Tuesday to Sunday. If not, we'll let this tie-breaker run through the rest of the week.
This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

This Old Neon wrote: 21 May 2019 14:08 Bracket 1: Metrovania
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997, PS1)

Bracket 2: Team Trigger Two
Chrono Trigger (1995, SNES)
Both high-seeded byes have been eliminated in the Round of 16. The Quarterfinals are up next!