TOP 64 — Week 4 — Poll 4

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

5 — Super Mario World (1990, SNES)
71%
60 — Life Is Strange (2015, Multiplatform)
29%

Total votes: 7

This Old Neon
Administrator

TOP 64 — Week 4 — Poll 4

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 64!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
liu yuante
Aspirant

Re: TOP 64 — Week 4 — Poll 4

Post by liu yuante »

This is a hard one, too. Life is Strange is well-told, interesting and powerful, with a phenomenal soundtrack. It goes a bit off the rails late, though, while SMW is the perfect refinement of 2D Mario that Nintendo had been working through on the NES, realized in full on the SNES. The secrets, the ghost houses, the cape, the switches, and variety of levels are incredible. It gets a bit less interesting when you reach Choco Island (Donut Plains and Vanilla Dome are where it's at fir me) buy overall fantastic. Plus Yoshi!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: TOP 64 — Week 4 — Poll 4

Post by Kong Wen »

liu yuante wrote: 15 Jan 2024 17:25 This is a hard one, too. Life is Strange is well-told, interesting and powerful, with a phenomenal soundtrack. It goes a bit off the rails late, though, while SMW is the perfect refinement of 2D Mario that Nintendo had been working through on the NES, realized in full on the SNES. The secrets, the ghost houses, the cape, the switches, and variety of levels are incredible. It gets a bit less interesting when you reach Choco Island (Donut Plains and Vanilla Dome are where it's at fir me) buy overall fantastic. Plus Yoshi!
Yeah, the first Super Mario World is the rare, rare example of a game that simultaneously perfects a formula while also adding new material and mechanics while also perfecting those new materials and mechanics. Great game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming