Web eShop Incoming?

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Web eShop Incoming?

Post by The Shoemaker »

It looks like Nintendo might be implementing a web version of the eShop pretty soon; they've opened up an under the rader website where you can enter download codes and download them directly to your Wii U/3DS.

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

I've tried it for both my Wii U and 3DS and it works. Games download without any input from you so long as your Wii U is set to recieve updates and 3DS is in sleep mode. Pretty handy actually.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Web eShop Incoming?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Read about it elsewhere, but haven't checked it out. Don't have any downloadcodes to try, so I'll just wait for an official opening of the web eShop.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Read about it elsewhere, but haven't checked it out. Don't have any downloadcodes to try, so I'll just wait for an official opening of the web eShop.
I just used a couple Club Nintendo codes, but I suppose that's a NA thing :/
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Games download without any input from you so long as your... 3DS is in sleep mode. Pretty handy actually.
For a brief second, I suppose. I hadn't noticed this until yesterday, but it may have been implemented a couple previous 3DS system update versions...

You can finish the download of any game without relaunching the Nintendo eShop (and going into sleep mode) if you redeem a download code [from that site], or tap "Download Later" from the eShop and close that.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Games download without any input from you so long as your... 3DS is in sleep mode. Pretty handy actually.
For a brief second, I suppose. I hadn't noticed this until yesterday, but it may have been implemented a couple previous 3DS system update versions...

You can finish the download of any game without relaunching the Nintendo eShop (and going into sleep mode) if you redeem a download code [from that site], or tap "Download Later" from the eShop and close that.
Yeah I noticed you posted that on Twitter. Must have been with the new update, I had to download Smash Bros. in sleep mode.

The 3DS also gives you eShop notifications when you have stuff to download like it does when a friend is online. A little notification pops up on the top screen telling you to close your system to download.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Another thing kitroplious found; you can now pre-order some digital games on Nintendo`s website. You`d think you could just pay for it and it would download automatically on the release day, but instead you get emailed a code on release day to punch in. I suppose it`s a little more convenient using the website code input discussed earlier, but really that whole step could have just been skipped :roll:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Fg ... VuaXjPWhnD
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Another thing kitroplious found; you can now pre-order some digital games on Nintendo`s website. You`d think you could just pay for it and it would download automatically on the release day, but instead you get emailed a code on release day to punch in. I suppose it`s a little more convenient using the website code input discussed earlier, but really that whole step could have just been skipped :roll:
As I mentioned to RMC earlier, I hope this gets expanded to games already available in the Nintendo eShop (Virtual Console; Nintendo eShop retail & original downloads), not just pre-ordering them.

Interesting point is that you can only use credit/debit cards (VISA, MasterCard). There is no way to add funds by an eShop card from the website (via logging in to your NNID... at least, not yet)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Another thing kitroplious found; you can now pre-order some digital games on Nintendo`s website. You`d think you could just pay for it and it would download automatically on the release day, but instead you get emailed a code on release day to punch in. I suppose it`s a little more convenient using the website code input discussed earlier, but really that whole step could have just been skipped :roll:
As I mentioned to RMC earlier, I hope this gets expanded to games already available in the Nintendo eShop (Virtual Console; Nintendo eShop retail & original downloads), not just pre-ordering them.

Interesting point is that you can only use credit/debit cards (VISA, MasterCard). There is no way to add funds by an eShop card from the website (via logging in to your NNID... at least, not yet)
I hope so too, that way you could actually gift games for people again. And that is interesting, I guess they only want to deal with exact currency.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Nintendo has officially opened up a "Buy Digital" hub page. At the time of this post, there are at least 93 games available to buy digitally on Nintendo's website.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Doesn't seem to be available here yet. Would be nice if it got here though.
Grt. Merlin