Top 512 — Week 1 — Poll 9

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

9 — Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997, PS1)
91%
504 — No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (2010, Wii)
9%

Total votes: 11

This Old Neon
Administrator

Top 512 — Week 1 — Poll 9

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 512!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Sunday or Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Top 512 — Week 1 — Poll 9

Post by Claytone »

Although I certainly like it, I've never thought SotN was as amazing as the general consensus would suggest. It's good! But it doesn't blow me away.

NMH2 is probably the best of its series and thus probably the best of Suda's works. He so often fails to make the gameplay click, but he did here. Great game.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 16 Nov 2022 20:22 Although I certainly like it, I've never thought SotN was as amazing as the general consensus would suggest. It's good! But it doesn't blow me away.

NMH2 is probably the best of its series and thus probably the best of Suda's works. He so often fails to make the gameplay click, but he did here. Great game.
I have to get around to giving NMH2 a proper shot one of these days. I found NMH1 pretty mediocre/unimpressive.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 Nov 2022 21:28 I have to get around to giving NMH2 a proper shot one of these days. I found NMH1 pretty mediocre/unimpressive.
Honestly if you didn't like 1, you probably won't like 2. It's better, but I don't think it's win-doubters-over better.

A lot of my love for NMH is vibes-based, but I do dig the combat. I am also willing to admit that some of my love for it probably comes from the first game releasing at a time of my life when its humor would have worked best and its edginess was novel to me. And then nostalgia has carried me through the rest of the series.

Ironically, NMH3 had probably the best combat yet, but it had the worst story and setting by far, so I consider it a bit of a bummer of an ending.

NMH2 is just nice and streamlined (no open world garbage, which bogged down both 1 and 3). I recently bought the HD version on Switch and have been meaning to give it another go. That would certainly be a good and convenient way for you to try it if you were ever so inclined.
You got BOOST power!