Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Played a few matches on the demo, but it's just too small a level. Wished they had included the training mode so I could get used to the moves without inteference. Still not sure what each button does and I press the wrong ones during a battle. Jumping back after falling of the ledge goes wrong most of the times. It's just as hectic as I remembered from the GC version .. and this with only 2 'easy' CPU opponents in play :roll:
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Played a few matches on the demo, but it's just too small a level. Wished they had included the training mode so I could get used to the moves without inteference. Still not sure what each button does and I press the wrong ones during a battle. Jumping back after falling of the ledge goes wrong most of the times. It's just as hectic as I remembered from the GC version .. and this with only 2 'easy' CPU opponents in play :roll:
The jump back off the ledges bugs me a lot. The CPU do it sucessfully everytime and I seem to fuck it up half the time.

Also I seem to struggle to KO the CPU.

I play 1 CPU on lvl 1 and can't KO them more than once and I usually fall off the edge.

Attacking them also seems to only do damage and half the time it never does enough to KO them.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and the controls and a little weird and new to me as well.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I did KO a CPU, only I don't know how or when :P The end result is always a surprise. This doesn't do good to my doubts on getting the Wii U version.
Grt. Merlin

Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

You will be able to use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U smash game. That is actually kind of cool. I hope more Wii U games let you play with the 3DS, and even let you use the touch screen for menu selections.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super- ... 0-6422301/
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

After having played some more I'm starting to grow on it.

I also started playing with 2-3 CPU instead of one which makes for more KOs

I'm pretty confident with Pikachu being able to beat 3 CPU on level 3 now which is an improvement so hopefully I get better.

I doubt I'll purchase the game on 3DS though seems like much more suited for a Wii U title.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:I did KO a CPU, only I don't know how or when :P The end result is always a surprise. This doesn't do good to my doubts on getting the Wii U version.
Try waiting at the title screen for the "How to Play' video to pop up, might help you. Generally you weaken an opponent until they're around 60% and then you'll try to finish them off with a Smash attack (tap the circle pad in a direction and press a at the same time).

I really like what I've seen from the demo, but more than anything I'm excited to change the controls and get rid of tap jumping :p

Also, Villager's pocket move can pocket final smashes, that's crazy!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've seen the how to play video, but they forgot to mention the buttons. During battle, I seem to find the jump button(s) too often. L and R for shielding I've rarely used (haven't noticed any effect) and the items are so random in effectiveness that it's not always clear on what items to use or leave alone. Did get a sword (Xenoblade I think) that was powerful, it KO'd the CPU with ease.
Grt. Merlin

Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Anyone happen to have a code for the 3DS demo?
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

Someone who has the demo said that there is a training mode:

"There's a practice mode in the game demo. Just go to group play, and start a new game. Then set yourself to be fighting against a CPU, hit start and select the stage. You're now in a practice mode against a sandbag that shows you damage values and let's you practice combos and such. This mode only ends by hitting L and R together. Enjoy some play without the 2 minute timer!"
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Jelly wrote:Anyone happen to have a code for the 3DS demo?
PM sent! I still have one more code left, if anybody wants one, but may be putting up via eBay soon if nobody from EU claims soon.
Han Solo wrote:Someone who has the demo said that there is a training mode:

"There's a practice mode in the game demo. Just go to group play, and start a new game. Then set yourself to be fighting against a CPU, hit start and select the stage. You're now in a practice mode against a sandbag that shows you damage values and let's you practice combos and such. This mode only ends by hitting L and R together. Enjoy some play without the 2 minute timer!"
Thanks for this! I have been having fun paying aganist the CPU on the demo version with Mega Man as my main. The level difficulity is a bit on the easy side for me, but will be practicing as much as I can before the main game comes out, esp for online play. :)