TOP 32 — Poll 15 of 16

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

15 — Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (2014, Multiplatform)
50%
18 — Super Mario 64 (1996, N64)
50%

Total votes: 6

This Old Neon
Administrator

TOP 32 — Poll 15 of 16

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 32!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: TOP 32 — Poll 15 of 16

Post by Kong Wen »

I fully expect SM64 to win here, but I'm voting for Guac because, as people have insisted, it's just more fun to play. Great smooth and responsive combat in a Guacavania with a fun art style and story, can't be beat—even by its own sequel!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ll second the Guacamelee vote for the same reasons.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
liu yuante
Aspirant

Post by liu yuante »

I don't know where my vote is going here. SM64 is the definition of genre-defining and groundbreaking at the same time. Yeah, the camera is....yeah. It can be somewhat trying to get all of the stars, in part because of said camera. But if you're not obsessed with all of the stars, and just want to get as many as you can without breaking your controller, it's still really fun to play.

That said, Guac is an absolute blast, really creative and fun, with great visuals and music and is obviously refined in a way that SM 64 is not. So, basically, the choice is smoother, modern classic vs game that is undeniably more important in the history of gaming and not so old that it's effectively unplayable now. I'll be back.